Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bolivia Trip - An Introduction

One week from today, my daughter Liz (11 years old) and I should be on a flight to the country of Bolivia. We will be going with the ministry Food for the Hungry via a group from Mountain Christian Church in Cedar Crest, New Mexico.

Now, you might ask why this group since I am a member of Cornerstone Baptist Church in Wylie, Texas. The answer is that during the time my wife Amie and I were attending the University of New Mexico (way back when) we became very good friends with Frank and Molly Malizzo through our involvement in Campus Crusade for Christ. Of course none of us were married then, but in time that did happen (more proof that miracles do happen!). Frank went on to seminary and is now the pastor of Mountain Christian Church. So when we go back each year to visit family and friends, we attend our church-home-away-from-home at Mountain Christian Church and have many good friends there.

Our trip to Bolivia that Liz and I will be going on will involve a team of 15. I hope to share more about the team as well as what all we will be doing in later posts before we go. Thankfully, Liz and I were able to make a quick trip to New Mexico back in the beginning of May and meet the team.

This trip has been months in planning. The last two weeks seem to really have ramped up the excitement and final preparations. Even though we have been planning for a while, it still seems to have snuck up on us and is only a week away. Needless to say, Liz and I are very, very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment